I am a student at William Mason high school, the graduating class of 2013. Next year I plan on going to the University of Cincinnati, accepted to the Carl H Lindner College of business. I work in a pharmacy where learning something new is a daily experience and presenting yourself in a professional but friendly manner is important.Growing up I have been no stranger to hard work and take pride in what I do, I am also a Microsoft office specialist in Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
Wednesday, March 6, 2013
Blog Post #2 Design
As Carrie Carson said “The typefaces you select for a project can impact what people think as much as the actual message you convey.” (Carson ESTABLISH A MOOD WITH TYPOGRAPHY)To demonstrate to the reader that this is a professional blog I have made the font time’s new roman, I have also made my bio italicized so that it is noticeable yet you can tell that it is not as important as the things that I post. To not bore my audience, and show color with my theme, I have made some font the color red this is important because it “stimulate the body and mind and to increase circulation” (Cherry Color Phycology). I have also made my background color a shade of blue which “was believed to soothe illnesses and treat pain.” (Cherry Color Phycology). My picture is a professional one where I believe people will take me seriously but know that I am still a friendly person to be around. In my Bio I have shown how hard I work and things that I do outside of school. I have also pointed out some of my achievements when acceptable. In addition, I wanted my reader to know that although this is a professional blog, the blog post are my opinion and by reading them you are getting an insight of my thought process and character. For this reason I have changed the Post title font to coming soon this font is informal and gives the reader a face to face feel while reading about what I'm writing about. The background color of my blog is blue which is believed to sooth peoples minds, when reading my blog I want the reader to feel relaxed and excited and I show this by my choice in color scheme.Finally I have presented a professional yet eye appealing blog that gives people and idea of what kind of message I want to convey with it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment